Friday, October 15, 2010

Metacognitive Q's on definition essay

Culminating Writers Profile
1. I feel I am expecting more from myself now that I have seen how to write proper essays. All the info is there for me, now I just need to start writing better.
2. I want to say my strengths are writing opening paragraphs and giving good anecdotes. I try to give a good sized opener to set the tone of the essay, then give good stories to enforce that feeling.
3. Concluding is definitely my weakness. I've tried to start giving a broader perspective to strengthen the conclusion but I still feel my conclusions are weak.

Evaluating your writing process
1. I'd definitely go back to the king herod story!
2. My peers said I had not very many examples of fear, so when I went back I found it simple to find a couple examples, personally and in general.
3. I had trouble, as always, with my conclusion. I couldn't find the right way to bring the whole essay together so it may have seemed a little loose.

Evaluating your writing process
1. The adding of the king herd story was the easiest. I was told to add a few examples of fear and that immediately sprung into my mind.
2. I had trouble understanding this Q, but I guess I could say my narrative elements came in when...?
3. My best success came when connecting to the audience with my introduction story.

Being Honest with Self
1. Just starting was the most intimidating part for me, but looking at the examples was what helped me the most.
2. I'm not sure which text?
3. The interesting stories or personal anecdotes. That is how I started.
4.I came up with a better conclusion than my original because garret showed me a simple thing to change, which actually impacted the effectiveness of the conclusion.
5. I see myself improving, but still not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment