Sunday, April 21, 2013


SMWS 3-18

I think it’s interesting to see the huge following these new social media sites gain when they first start up. Even going back to the early days Facebook, it was a huge deal. It was supposed to be the “MySpace killer” and apparently it was. Now there’s a new wave of sites that have sprung up, and I’m having trouble finding the point of them. Twitter, the 140 character or less Facebook, sucked me in, only because of its quick and to the point format. I like it because it’s like a more compact version of Facebook, and it’s much easier to get news about sports, music, and pretty much everything.
The main new site I’m referring to is Instagram, a Facebook just for pictures. Instagram has a pretty big following now, but Im still content with twitter and Facebook. Personally I don’t take many pictures, and the pictures I do take always seem awkward to me so I don’t see the point of using Instagram. There’s the occasional gem of a picture that I’ll see, but I’ve never seen anything that fully convinced me to join the Instagram population.
Now there’s an even more pointless website that is basically Instagram with videos. Vine lets you create a compilation of short clips that totals to less than 10 seconds. The reason I don’t really like vine is because it really is pointless. A lot of the videos are random or people trying to be funny when they really aren’t. Im not trying to sound super mean, but honestly Vine is another site I don’t see myself using in the near future. I don’t see the point of these websites but hey, I guess you can’t knock it till you try it…

No comments:

Post a Comment